Are you stuck in a fat loss rut? Your body is not changing no matter how hard you train, how clean you eat, how many supps you can down in a day! Sucks huh?
Well…I didn’t believe this for a very long time but there is definitely more to your fat loss goals than just diet and exercise…
In this video you will learn:
- There are MANY, MANY factors that contribute to your results
- Nutrition and exercise are key but if you can’t get other areas in your life sorted then you are going to slow down your results
- The true benefits of a support system
- Understanding that a diet should not be a diet but a way of life. If you can’t see yourself making these changes for life then why bother?
When it comes to our optimum health you can see that there are a variety of factors that come into play here. You cannot solely rely on your diet and/or exercise to get your through. You need to be nourished from the inside outside, and through your mind, body and soul. When you are truly happy with your life and the way you work, that is when the results will come.
So when embarking on a new body goal I suggest the following:
1. Sort out your nutrition and exercise plan, and make sure you can live with it forever! Cutting carbs for the rest of your life ain’t gonna work!
2. Plan, plan, plan! Make sure you plan out each week ahead of time. Lock in training sessions, food prep times and grocery shops. There is nothing worse than not being prepared and suddenly collapsing when you aren’t prepared. Grabbing some chicken nuggets from Mc Donalds because you forgot your protein shake is no substitute!
3. Get yourself a support system – try and get your family and friends understanding why you are doing this, without being forceful and trying to change them. And if they don’t support you fully then make sure you can find a good support network somewhere else like a new gym partner, a group class, online networks (like The Lean Chef community 😉 ) If you don’t have that support from somewhere then you are going to fall off the bandwagon as soon as veer slightly off path!
4. Make sure you have some serious “me time” involving meditation, yoga, pilates etc… Some good quality down time to relax and unwind is more beneficial than you know! And this is something that I never ever believed in until I started. It may seem wishy washy and only for the airy fairy type person, but TRUST ME, this works!
5. Remember that you are human and you will make mistakes. But it is how you learn from these mistakes that makes you a better and stronger person. Take some time to reflect on what just happened, not criticizing, but just reflecting and noticing why it happened. This will better equip you for the next time this occurs, and hopefully you will make a better choice. When you are stuck in a moment – should I have the chocolate or shouldn’t I? Think about the end result and try not to get caught up in the moment. Think “will this bring me closer to my body goal?” and keep focusing on this until you walk away. In the moment it is hard but afterwards you feel amazing that you didn’t do it! Same applies for exercise and any other thing that may send you away from your goal.
Another way to help you destress, stay planned and prepared, and helps combats cravings is getting a copy of the next installment in The Lean Chef cookbook series – Super Salads! I know, I know – I hear the men out there saying “Boring” , “Salads are for girls” etc… but guys (and girls) listen up! This cookbook is WAY MORE than just boring salads. Some of these are frigging amazing side dishes to go with your meals and some are SUPER salads absolutely pumping with protein, low GI carbs and good fats to make sure you feel full and satisfied.
Did you like this video? Please comment below with your thoughts and questions below and don’t forget to share the video with your friends! Just type this into Facebook – www.theleanchef.com/video-blog-notdiet/
Eat Right. Train Smart. Get Lean.